I had some exciting news whilst I was sitting in the hair salon getting my hair dyed brown (yes I’m no longer a blonde!) my blog has been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by the team at the Imagine Forest blog. Thank you so much Safia for your nomination, I really appreciate it and after only six months of writing, I am so pleased to have my content recognised. Safia I really enjoyed reading your blog on creative writing resources and highly recommend other parents to take a read here: https://www.imagineforest.com/blog/
For those of you not familiar with The Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers to recognise their hard work and input in the blogging community similar to the Liebster Award and Blogger’s Recognition Award.
As part of the nomination you are asked to respond to ten questions, so here goes:
- What do you love about blogging?
Blogging is like therapy to me. I started my blog as I was scared about going off on maternity leave and needed to put my fears into words. I had no idea it would be so therapeutic, but each and every blog I write has helped me no end.
- What do you hate about blogging?
Worrying about whether I might offend someone or say something others don’t agree with. I talk about issues that I suppose might be quite close to the bone for some, so I always fear I may upset someone. However then I remember that this is my blog, a personal account of my experiences and I have to be honest. If that goes against someone else’s views, then so be it.
- What is your favourite book to read?
Hmm, I could say something really intellectual here, but I’m not going to lie. I love an easy read, especially as I’m often so shattered at the end of the day. Usually a good detective novel or a romance. I love PD James in particular.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully with a growing little family, a happy husband and a successful career. Yes I do believe you can have a family and a good career, and most importantly that you can love both. But as with all things, it’s all about balance and a deep understanding of what motivates you.
- What is the ultimate goal of your blog?
To reassure people that it’s ok to love your job and love your baby. There’s nothing wrong with being scared about going off on maternity leave and equally nothing wrong about being scared about going back. #mumguilt is normal, but don’t let it dictate what you do.
- If you could be a superhero, what power would you have and why?
To be invisible. I’d love to go into workplaces all over the UK and see how women are treated when they tell their boss/ line manager they are pregnant and more importantly, how they do it.
- What do you do to relax?
There are three things I love doing; exercise, eating out and going on long walks. All of these are a little harder to do with a baby, but I have done my best to ensure I can keep doing what I love, even if the walks are shorter, the workouts are quicker and the restaurants are baby friendly. Ensuring I can do a little bit of what I love on maternity leave keeps me grounded and ensures that, even if I don’t have my career to fall back on, I am still me.
- What is your favourite TV series?
Dirty little secret here: I love Holby City.. I have no idea why! There is just something about a good old Tuesday evening Holby City session.
- What brings you joy?
So many things. But one thing I love right now is seeing my husband read a bedtime story to my six month old daughter, especially when he puts on the voices!
- What advice would you give to other bloggers?
Try to create a schedule of blogs so you know what you are writing and when. I do content planners for all my clients (in my day job) and whilst it’s a bit time consuming, making a plan of action is so worth it. Most importantly it ensures you have a steady stream of content.
The Sunshine Blogger Rules
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 10 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 12 new blogs to receive the award and write them 10 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
My nominees are all people I have either worked with to date or been inspired by during my blogging journey:
And here are my questions for my nominated bloggers:
1) Sum up your blog in one sentence?
2) Why did you start your blog?
3) Who is your blogging inspiration?
4) What social platforms do you use to share your content and what performs best for you?
5) What do you love most about blogging?
6) What do you like least about blogging?
7) What’s your proudest blogging moment?
8) Which celeb would you most like to share your blog?
9) If you could interview anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
10) Which 3 bloggers would you like to invite to a dinner party?